UPDATED: 15th May 2018
As you can probably imagine, there are lots of fun things that I get to do as a magician. However, there are also some weird things that I have to do, to either prepare for a gig or learn a new trick, that are a little bit unusual.
To give you an insight into my level of madness, I thought I’d create a list, so you can see what I have to do every single day to maintain my position as an awesome close up magician.
Here’s a fun list of 10 things I do, or have done, that you might not have thought (or even cared) about:
- I mix up and solve a Rubik’s cube everyday, because I worry that I’ll forget how to do it.
- I memorised a pack of cards – several of my magic routines require me to remember information and be able to recall it fast. I have used peg lists and other mnemonic techniques to help me with these and, as part of my memory workout, I’ve memorised a pack of cards to keep these fresh in my mind. I recall the position of every card, then go through the positions to keep my memory fit.
- I use those hand strengthener-squeezer things to keep my hands strong.
- I practice coin vanishes with dog treats to see if my technique is good enough to fool my dog.
- When I buy limes, I have to check that they are the right size to fit in my cup (don’t ask!).
- When I buy melons, I have to check that they are the right size to fit in my hat (really…don’t ask!).
- I spend that much time with playing cards, that I do actually have a favourite playing card.
- I have realised that if you make any type of bizarre request to anyone, you can allay any concern by following it up with, “it’s OK, I’m a magician; it’s for a magic trick”.
- I lie to people. Sometimes even as part of my act. 😉
- When I want to create the impression of intense mental effort, I try to recall what I had for lunch last Tuesday.
So, no matter how weird you think your life is, be happy that you’re not a magician…
If you’re having a party, wedding, gathering, shindig (how many synonyms for “event” can I think of?) or celebration in the near future, you’re probably worried about keeping your guests happy. Let me deal with that problem for you. I’m a magician and comedian who’s not only amazing, but funny too.
I can get your guests laughing and having a fabulous time at YOUR party, allowing you to relax and enjoy yourself!
“Thank you for helping make our wedding day stress free and being exceptionally entertaining”
“He was hugely entertaining, with a real sense of mischievous fun! Our guests loved him!”
Visit the contact page for various ways to get in touch, or, save yourself some time and click here to send me an email. Tell me as much as you can about your party and I’ll tell you how I can help make it more fun for your guests and stress free for you!
(That sounds like a real “WIN-WIN” to me!)